Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Dipped in Chocolate


One of my all time favorite bloggers (cjanerun) once said " Three year olds are so delicious they should be dipped in chocolate and sold in department stores at Easter time!"

I totally agree CJane, and although Easton is not quite yet three years old...he is absolutly, positivly, 100% delicious... with or without the chocolate dipped lips! I LOVE to love this boy! He keeps me going with all of his energy, and he keeps me laughing with all the funny things he says on a daily basis.

Recently I was pushing Easton on the swing and I was trying to teach him how to say his full name....so I said "Easton Domonic Read" and then it was his turn to say it...
but hearing his full name reminded him of only one thing... so he said it....
"GO TO MY ROOM!"
I couldn't stop laughing then he started laughing and we enjoyed a few minutes together laughing and swinging and laughing some more.

I love these small moments with my children. These moments feed me as a mother. They keep me asking for more.

I like chocolate but I am ADDICTED to Easton.... I need him, I love him, I crave him....... so Please pass some Easton with a side of dipping chocolate!

What do you crave dipped in chocolate?

6 comments:

ERIN said...

what a sappy and incredibly sweet post, Mel! You big softy!
I think Tommy keeps wiping off the chocolate and dipping himself in vinegar... I'd love to have some sweetness smothered all over him SOON! The little stinker...You lucky, mom, you! Easton is adorable. Your girls are gorgeous. In a couple more years when I look at Morgan, I will think I am back in time with my little friend, Melina...

love,
erin

The Dickinson's said...

I'm so glad you found us! I was talking about you guys just the other day and when we lived in your basement. I can't believe how big your kids are... especially Morgan! She looks exactly like you. You guys look great and next time we're in town (November) we'll have to give you a call. Our # is still the same!

The Dickinson's said...

Okay, for some REALLY strange reason I am at my own personal computer in Iowa and my blogger account is signed in under my brother Brandon's. It won't let me sign out or change it right now, but just wanted to let you know it is Me commenting on your blog, Natalie Haslem, and not the Dickinson's.

Amber Lynn said...

oh my goodness. I really dont know how I found your blog. But its great to find good friends on here.. now I just have to call nicol up and have her allow me to see her;s. Hope your family is doing good! ~ Amber Wilson

Nicole said...

Mel, I love that boy! I can't wait to kiss those chocolate lips of his!

Sandy said...

Awww. So sweet!!! Great sentiments about your sweet boy.